Hot or Cold: Laodicea-Revelation 3:14-22 (Revelation Series)
Join and follow us, and see the message on our Facebook Page, The Root RVA.
Prayer for the Week: "I know your works; you are neither cold nor hot. I wish that you were either cold or hot. So, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I am about to spit you out of my mouth."-Revelation 3:15-16
Root Family Updates (Updates are also available on our Website and Facebook Page):
1. Root Church Family Gatherings (March):
March 1st- The King Home- 10 a.m. Donuts and 10:30 a.m. Worship-
Address: 10207 Brattice Mill Ct. Bring a lunch item to share
March 8th- Joint Worship Event with True Vine Church-11:00 a.m.-
Address: 4806 Market Square Ln, Midlothian, VA 23112 (Only donuts served this day. No lunch afterwards)
March 15th- The Eagar Home- 10 a.m. Donuts and 10:30 a.m. Worship- Bring a lunch item to share
Address: 12600 Riverway Road Chesterfield
2. Ministry Needs:
Cody and Jessica Dedmon, members of Fairhavens Church and leaders in the Trail Life and American Heritage Girls Groups have a significant need. Jessica Dedmon was in a terrible accident and will be out of work until May. Until that time, they have had to enroll the baby in daycare because she can't pick anything up. They identified several ways they could use help.
Financial short term support -
There are two ways to assist if you feel led to help and both ensure they get 100% of the funds:
1. Sent funds directly to their home. The address is The Dedmon Family 5025 Spruce wood Ave N Chesterfield Va. 23234
2. We have VENMO app set up where you can transfer funds by your phone if you chose directly to their account. Venmo is a service of PayPal, Inc., a licensed provider of money transfer services and secure and safe. You can go to APP store for Apple or Android and download for free.
3. Meal support - They would like meals on Tuesday and Thursday if possible. Delivered around 5:00-6 PM at home address listed above. They ask for family size servings so they can have left overs . This week is covered but need help starting next Thursday. You can click on the meal train link to sign up. https://mealtrain.com/04z123
4. Transportation to Doctors visits - dates to be determined and shared and you can connect directly with Cody and Jessica on that.
Support the Trail Life and American Heritage Girls Groups:
AHG and Trail Life Troops VA-1808 Fund Raiser Events
Want a night off from cooking or just want to enjoy some great food while supporting a worthy cause? Please come out and join the Root RVA's sponsored American Heritage Girls and Trail Life Troops VA-1808 Meal Event Fund Raisers. Fund raiser event opportunities listed below:
Tuesday, March 03, 2020 10:30 AM to 10:00 PM at Panda Express Hull Street Rd & Craig Rath Blvd PX 13340 Rittenhouse Drive Midlothian VA 23112
Thursday, March 19th, 2020 10:30 AM to 10:00 PM at Mod Pizza 14201 Hull Street Road Chesterfield, VA 23832
3. Rooted Students and Root Kids (K-5th grade) Groups Updates:
Rooted Kids at True Vine on February 26th at 6:30 p.m.
4806 Market Square Ln, Midlothian, VA 23112
See schedule below
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. " - Matthew 28:19-20 (NIV)
Student Group Resumes this Sunday at True Vine Church.
True Vine Address: 4806 Market Square Ln, Midlothian, VA 23112
4. Women's Ministry Study: Becoming a Woman of Simplicity
You have two options to connect with this new women's Bible study group:
Tuesday evenings at the King home: We will be gathering every Tuesday at 7:00 at Camie's house to discuss Finding True Rest in a Busy Life. Please contact Camie if you have questions.
Tuesday mornings at Great Harvest Bakery: Join a few women who will meet every Tuesday at 10:30 a.m.
Address: 13541 Midlothian Tpke, Midlothian, Virginia 23113
5. Mark Your Calendars for These Important Events/Opportunities:
Mercy Mall Needs: Paulette Taylor shared about the need for volunteers to help sort clothes on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. Please contact Mercy Mall or Paulette to ask questions or to volunteer email@example.com.
Men's Ignite Weekend: March 13th-14th, 2020 in Lynchburg, VA. Contact Phil Snipes (firstname.lastname@example.org) to register your attendance. the Church will be offsetting most of the cost for the men and sons for this weekend. The cost is $29 per man! Please see information here: https://www.ignitemen.net/
6. Weekly Prayer Conference Call: Every Wednesday at 12:30 p.m. you can join in the Root prayer group through phone conference. By calling in, you can listen to the reading of the Psalms, share prayer needs and hear the needs of others. No sharing required to participate. You can listen in from anywhere. Nate Mathis will be leading the prayer conference.
How to Connect: Call 605-313-5301 on Wednesdays around 12:30 p.m.
Once you call please enter the following code: 229384
7. Online Giving!
Currently people can give online in two ways, via text or through the link below which will also be placed on the Root RVAFacebook page.
Key Phrase: ROOTRVA
Text the key phrase to the number and the link is sent to you. From there you do an initial set up and can give.
The link is : https://secure.subsplash.com/ui/access/RCCTM2/
This takes you directly to the giving page.
You may still give the traditional way by check.
Y0u may deliver to Doug Tomlin or mail to the following address:
The Root RVA
Attention: Doug Tomlin
7305 Hancock Village Dr. Ste 512
Chesterfield, VA 23832
8. Become one of Paulette's Prayer Partners (P3): Every Monday Paulette sends out the church prayer needs. If you are not on the list and would like to be added, please e-mail Paulette at email@example.com.